Sunday, May 10, 2020

A bridge to Dusk, Reham Emam



Pass the cries, screams, sweat and dust
Amid the endless fog ahead
The sighs and thrusts
Lay a bridge to dusk
No flashlights…no bleak altars
Nor an arrogant old man
To breach me about
Salvation
And curse my fleshy
Lust
Behold my fellow
Friends
For today I walk
Alone
No shame…no regret
No heavy shackles tying me
Flesh
To a false myth
That commends me to
A sin that I don’t
Recall
Or else I’m to be
Doomed
Alas, I shall bend not
Night is thickening
Dawn is approaching
A demon at the bridge to
Dusk
Patiently crouching
Awaiting my missed arrival
But tonight, I walk towards
A dreary scent of
Rust.




Reham Emam is a writer, photographer and independent filmmaker. She works as a freelance photographer and writes film related articles. She published a collection of short stories titled No angels descend tonight and recently won the Madelyn Lamont award in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment