Monday, August 26, 2019

Two Poems by Laurie Koensgen

Corporeal


I know that is the moon
and not your lambent absence
but you’re everywhere tonight.

You’re reclining in this room.
You’re the loom on which my senses
weave their synesthesia.

You’re a figment of my body.
You enfold me like a sun-
spun shawl that no one sees.

They only feel the warmth
that radiates, from you,

through me.









Laurie Koensgen’s poems have appeared in Literary Review of Canada, Arc Poetry Magazine, In/Words, Barren Magazine, Juniper: A Poetry Journal, Ottawater, Burning House Press, Kissing Dynamite, and elsewhere. She was shortlisted for The Malahat Review’s Far Horizons Award for Poetry 2018 and received the Honourable Mention in Arc’s 2018 Diana Brebner Prize. Laurie is a founding member of Ottawa’s Ruby Tuesdays poetry collective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment