Monday, August 12, 2019

Three Poems by Sanjeev Sethi


Quiescence

Bleep from catenation of calls is for errand boys.
Water of Pierian Spring wets when silence prevails.
Nurse of nothingness sustains and splays dispatches
from concealed wellsprings by cleansing pulverulent 
knobs as blueprints mount up. Corybantic music takes 
me away from myself. I solicit notions of nihility 
to scrive. In textures of my palm eidetic storms lose
their way, soldiers begin to sing, calm gets a new text.






Pros

Honeyed words take you nowhere.
You allow them to enter and they
eat you up. I am well-versed with
pretty speeches and snow jobs. This
time I didn’t truckle to exaggerated
arcs and eyewash: foreboding is my
default position. That is the good
thing about experience. It guards
your gyre.







Wishes and Wants

I wish to hold you in my hand.
Will happiness reintroduce itself?

Let the power in your palm lull me.
Will the acuteness of your breath
sanctify my unbeliefs?

I’m tired of togs. In our atelier
let nakedness be the new dress.







Sanjeev Sethi is the author of three books of poetry. His most recent collection is This Summer and That Summer (Bloomsbury, 2015). He is published in more than 25 countries. Recent credits: Talking Writing, Packingtown Review, Abstract Magazine, PCC Inscape Magazine, The Sandy River Review, The Piker Press The Sunday Tribune, Fixator Press, The Poetry Village, and elsewhere. He lives in Mumbai, India. 

No comments:

Post a Comment