Thursday, March 19, 2020

Broadway & Junipero, Cain Andrade Salas



Sitting is always a reason for me to be impatient. 
On busy streets
After busy days
After trying to save a boy's life 

and waiting for a boy to finish loose ends.

Sitting is always requiring more than I want to give of my time
And it seems that the only way not to condemn my chair 
And the racket of cars passing by 
Is by writing about the tediousness of sitting here. 

I begin to sound redundant
And begin to be annoyed by the endless parade of fag hags
And gym rats with their little mutts 
And wearing their sandals, provoking fetish or my gag reflex. 

It was enough that I was able to sit, to wait
And  to text that bitch, let alone open up pages
And let loose my disgust

It's apparently some kind of miracle that will keep me from hurling my pen at the nearest homo 
Or
Just the next bitch that walks by with a queer at the end of it's leash!

If you ever find yourself sitting at the corner of Broadway & Junipero you'll understand
I have to ramble
I don't do coherent well
It's a mess of a street

and probably a sociologist's dream

I don't see the lines drawn very clearly at this nexus of Long Beach
Nothing makes sense
It's a damn fruit salad
Fucking Frijoles and Tortilas
And those damn black beans!

Don't fucking judge me,
It's a total mess on Broadway & Junipero. 




Caín Andrade Salas is a 39 year old Leo poet and writer from East Los Angeles:


“My parents immigrated in 1980 from Mexico. I was born months after our arrival in East Los Angeles. We moved all over South East Los Angeles growing up and times were turbulent among my family. I came out once as gay in 2001 and then again as Queer in 2017. It was also at that time that I decided that I wanted everyone to pronounce my name only in Spanish. I spend my time navigating life quite chaotically and helping as many people as I can through my profession. “

No comments:

Post a Comment